Thursday, September 20, 2007

Here's where I'll be this weekend...

(Brendan)

Starting Friday morning, I'll be at Pacem in Terris, a Christian hermitage retreat center in St. Francis, MN. It's very well connected to our Parish, the Church of St. Paul in Ham Lake, MN, and very Catholic (it was given the Papal blessing by Pope John Paul II in 1992), though certainly there are non-Catholic Christians who retreat there as well. Molly gave me the gift of two nights and three days there for my birthday this past July, and I've been waiting for the hot weather to subside (I hate hot weather, and Fall is my favorite season). I'm definitely one who likes to think, read, and spend time in silence, so this is right up my alley. I can't wait to get there! Each person gets their own private cabin, and you get a daily supply of bread, cheese, fruit, and water. There is no electricity in the cabins, mostly on purpose. The point is to spend time in silence, and in prayer, and to rest and recoup. I'm sure I'll sleep a lot! Have a great weekend...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Went to the website, and read all about it; it looks wonderful. Wish it were nearer NJ.

Waiting eagerly for your impressions-- and which cabin did you choose for its patron saint?