Monday, October 1, 2007

I'll be tinkering with the design of this blog...

(Brendan)

Just FYI, I'm going to be tinkering with the design of this blog in case you access the site and see a few differences. I had some HTML programming back when I was an engineering undergrad, and I've been going into the source HTML for this blog to try a few things. I designed the header awhile ago for this blog, and I'm big on design, as you know. I'd like to go a little further than just designing the header and get out of the cookie-cutter Blogger template. We'll see what I end up with.

Incidentally, if you are interested in graphic design and communication of data, I'd recommend the following resources. I've attended two trainings personally taught by Edward Tufte, and his books are excellent. I have a copy of all four and have read them all. The first one, The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, is the best, but his latest one, Beautiful Evidence, is quite good as well. VDQI was chosen as one of the top 100 books of the 20th century by Amazon.com in 2000. You can get any of the four at his website.

No comments: