Monday, January 12, 2009

Mosaic tile backsplash

(Brendan)

We're in the final phases of getting ready to put our house on the market (this Friday), and as part of this effort I thought I'd spruce up our kitchen by installing a mosaic tile backsplash. I've never installed tile before, and it definitely was a learning experience, but it wasn't overly difficult (it was definitely messy though). One of the reasons I was interested in doing this is that I'll be installing all of the mosaic tile backsplashes in our new house (to save on cost) and this was a good opportunity to get some practice!

I wish I had a "before" picture, but I don't, so the "after" pics will have to suffice. I used a tile blend from Bisazza Mosaico (special ordered from Home Depot -- which they messed up at least three times) with a white grout. I think it looks really sharp, and we kind of wish we had done this a while ago.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Very nice looking!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! There's some irony though, in doing projects one might have enjoyed oneself, in order to make your home more saleable... Now go paint your front door...

...and don't forget to bake cookies when potential buyers are coming...

Anonymous said...

I like it!

Brendan Koop said...

Thanks, hopefully it helps sell the home!

Mosaic tiles said...

How refreshing to come to a blog with Pope John Paul II on the side.

Love the backsplash by the way.

Claire

x

Anonymous said...

groovy. i like it . its important to bathroom cleaners those mosaic tiles to keep the grout from deteriorating